MachineLogic vs. Python API vs. Low-Level Sockets API
Are you wondering what the best programming option for you is?
MachineMotion offers three ways to program and automate your system:
MachineLogic is a visual programming and simulation tool dedicated to the creation of MachineMotion programs. It provides a simplified code-free programming experience.
MachineLogic is the best choice if you want your application to involve:
· Fairly simple logic that relies on conditions and loops.
· Logic using different sequences running in parallel or series.
· No complex calculations.
· No communication with custom hardware.
· No integration with third-party software or tools.
Users with less programming experience should consider using MachineLogic's code-free visual sequence editor to create simple motion programs.
Compared to MachineLogic, Python programs are more elaborate, but they offer several advantages. They are generally the best choice if you want your application to involve:
· Complex logic.
· Communication with custom hardware.
· Integration with third-party software and tools.
The Low-Level Sockets API offers a library of functions and messages, and is best used to:
· Communicate and send commands to MachineMotion from an external device, such as a PLC.
· Communicate with MachineMotion via TCP/IP.
Contrary to MachineLogic, your application would live on the external device and not on the MachineMotion.